Saturday, August 13, 2011

Customer (Lack Of) Service Problems?

OK, sad tale of woe about an Enermax Caesar USB Keyboard. This is a fairly expensive, but elegant aluminum board...goes for about $65-$80. I bought mine from ClubIT.com. Got it, immediately hooked it to my main VISTA machine...asks for a driver...freezes. Call Enermax. Call ClubIT. ClubIT sends me a pre-paid RMA and cross-ships another. Same thing, USB not recognized, but works on my ancient P4 XP machine. I try to get this resolved through Enermax...gimme an RMA please. We need the invoice. I say I cn't do that because the new keyboard has a different serial number and was an RMA. Complicating factor: ClubIT.com goes Chapter 7...so no records. Enermax says they can't help me...with a known problem! They tell me to buy it through NewEgg...where it is $15 more than my original unit and $7 more for shipping. Bottom line: I just sent them a nastygram @ Enermax and gave it a bad review on NewEgg. Enermax says the problem is solved with the new USB cords, which are soldered. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment