Sunday, August 7, 2011

Should I use the i7 960 or the i7 2600k?

I think I finally have a complete computer. a href="https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=11354589" rel="nofollow"https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySav…/a is what I came up with. I did get a lot of help, some of it confusing, from YA. So with your help I would like to finalize this build. Lastly I would like an OS suggestion. It would seem to be a no-brainer. Win 7 Ultimate. Being a type of gamer that knows his way around Win XP in order to troubleshoot most any problem I face I am not really scared of learning. I will have to come into the 2nd decade of this millennium and relearn windows. Just because it's ultimate doesn't mean it's the best for a gamer. Which OS do you suggest for a gamer. Better to go with 7 Home/XP dual boot? No I won't be doing 12000 layer PS projects, Auto Cad 3d, Folding or any other CPU intensive tasks nor will I be doing video editing for Alicia Keys or Beyonce . That being said I would like it to be able to handle SOME intensive programs in the background. If I am gaming and my security suite starts its' daily deep scan I don't want my computer to even flinch. Best of both worlds? Not really. I just don't want it to be one sided and concentrate totally on gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment